Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My secret stash!

after much exploration and deliberation, i have finally decided what i want to do my second booklet exercise on. I have a vast collection of photographs of graffiti art that can be seen all around the downtown Toronto area. I love graffiti art, i think it is beautiful, creative, stimulating, colorful, free, surreal, expressive, and a showcase of hidden talent. This art form is ranges from all different types, styles, representations and meanings. I am jealous for the fact that i can never even think of making a wall my canvas and creating a Utopian fantasy world like these artists do.

The photographs i have selected for my booklet are my favorite ones out of my whole collection. i wanted to narrow my focus down....quality not quantity!

I love the play on color, lines, shading, form, texture, and shapes; the whole aesthetic and visual language of graffiti art really fascinates and interests me.

I really enjoyed traveling around MY urban landscape (Toronto) and taking these photos over the years. The lens captured their beauty so perfectly. I love the anticipation of what other creative wonders await around the next alleyway or corner :)

1 comment:

msims said...

really love your second book, it was a good idea to leave the front page white and then to have the rich inside jump out at the viewer when they turn the page. Im a huge fan on these kind of tactics