Monday, March 3, 2008

Moving forward....

At least thats what in trying to do when it comes to my book. I have however made some progress, and some major changes. After a discussion with Reg, i decided that im going to scratch the "English professor" narrative and take a different approach. I have decided that i am going to still hold to my initial idea of "pairing" images of different album covers together, but not just two at a time, sometimes 3, 4, even 1 at a time to mix things up and keep interests peaked. However, instead of the "scholarly" narrative in my original thinking, im going to take a more abstract and creative approach to the narrative. I'm thinking that i would use certain words, phrases and spliced lyrics from certain songs that would create a story/relationship/stimulated meanings between the selected images on the page. I am aiming for a funky design both graphically and typographically.

These are my thoughts, lets see how they come to fruition....

Stay tuned!

No comments: